The prooving grounds for the Stormtrooper encompassed:
- High altitude parachute descents (25,000ft)
- Wind speeds in excess of 135knots/155mph/250kmh
- Extended periods in mountain / cold weather environments in multiple countries
Needless to say, it's evolved heavily along the way.
Features & Specifications:
- Outer shell fabric: 500D Cordura,
- Insulation: 40GSM Prima Loft fill (2 or 3 layer),
- Light weight lining as used in the SORD MACWO jacket,
- 2 separate internal pockets with weather resistant zips for heater packs,
- 1 external front zippered pocket for small easily accessible items,
- Lower Zippered blow out section that increases internal capacity for large hands,
gloves or wrist mounted Altimeter/GPS,
- Adjustable wrist cuffs,
- Stash sack packs the unit down which can be removed or stowed within,
- Quick deploy elasticised loops, to roll up and stow while not in use.
1. Web dominators (removable): For attachment to a MOLLE platform,
2. Velcro sandwich panel: for attachment to SORD platforms (pile forward).
Stows away when not in use,
3. Belt loops: Fits 50mm belts (riggers belt buckles).
4. Neck strap attachment ""D"" rings (strap not included).
Sord Special Operations Research and Development
Special Operations Research and Development (SORD) was started in 2004 to provide highly functional and durable tactical gear for Australian Special Forces.
What differentiates SORD is our people have special forces and infantry backgrounds. Having served multiple tours of Iraq and Afghanistan, we understand what the man on the ground needs and expects.
SORD produces industry leading, state of the art tactical gear in the form of tactical nylon accessories and military clothing all available from our online store.
Using the highest quality materials combined with obsessive attention to detail we produce everything from shooting mats to chest rigs and agile belts. Our gear is sought after by Special Forces, para-military, CT/Hostage Rescue, law enforcement and emergency rescue officers worldwide.