Climbers, come out of your shells. By borrowing the plastic used to reinforce car bumpers, Petzl® ditched the usual outer layer to bring you a UIAA-certified helmet for about half the weight of your average lid. Unlike the crunchy foam inside most hard shells, the Sirocco’s expanded polypropylene is durable and flexible, which maintains good impact absorption through repeated impacts.
- Made of expanded polypropylene and expanded polystyrene, which has a high rate of energy absorption, and does not support microbial growth (to reduce odours).
- Shell has excellent ventilation and has a head-covering shape that is lower in the rear.
- Comfort foam is quilted, lined with absorbent fabric, and removable for washing.
- Lightweight polyester adjustment system further reduces weight.
- Magnetic buckle allows chinstrap to be attached with 1 hand.
- 2 lateral holes for attaching a Vizion visor.
- 2 hooks and rear elastic for attaching a headlamp.